Radio Frequency Body Contouring
Radio Frequency Body Contouring (also known as skin tightening) is becoming very popular because it helps remove fat, tighten the skin and improve tone, without any pain or downtime at all!
It’s a pretty versatile treatment since it can help reduce flabby skin, contour and tighten a post pregnancy tummy, reduce saddle bags and even lift and tighten your bum.
How Does Radio Frequency Body Contouring Work?
(RF) Radio Frequency Body Contouring heats the skin to over 104 degrees which safely and comfortably minimizes the appearance of cellulite dimpling and fatty bulges, while simultaneously tightening the skin and improving the contours of the target area(s). At the deepest level, the RF alters the network of connective tissues that hold the fat cells in place, pulling them closer together so that the cellulite does not bulge out and create the well-known rippling we associate with cellulite. RF also targets the fat cells themselves, causing them to shrink in size, which has the affect of slimming down the target area. Finally, RF energizes the body’s own natural responses by stimulating the lymphatic system to aid in the drainage of unwanted toxins and encouraging the body’s natural production of collagen and elastin to reduce skin laxity, strengthen the skin, and improve the physique of the target area. The final result of this powerful deep heating is a slimmer, more toned physique.
When can I expect to see results?
Most people will be able to notice an immediate result in the tightness of their skin, but results continue to emerge in the days following the treatment too. Skin is remarkably smoother and muscle tone is more visible too. Normally, multiple sessions are required, generally 1 per week until you’ve had about 10 treatments in total, this depends on the results you want.
Are there any side effects?
Normally there are no side effects from the treatment, but some people might find the treatment area is a little red post treatment but this usually resolves after 30 mins post treatment.
Common Treatment Areas Include:
RF Body Contouring for Skin Laxity
Skin laxity is unfortunately something that happens to thousands of people, whether it is a result of aging, weight loss or genetics. Radio Frequency instantly tightens the elastin fibers leaving skin looking tighter and lifted from the very first treatment.
RF Body Contouring for Cellulite
Radio Frequency Body Contouring effectively works to break down cellulite causing fat cells meaning it is fantastic at treating the dreaded ‘orange peel’ so many of us battle with.
RF Body Contouring for Stretch Marks
Stretch marks affect thousands of people, regardless of age or situation. Radio Frequency treatments target the problem area, stimulating elastin and collagen to get rid of stretch marks.
Before & Aftercare Advice for Best Results
- Drink at least 2 liters of water before your treatment and another 2 liters per day following your treatment (soft drink, soda, juice or tea is not water).
- Refrain from ANY alcohol consumption for 2 – 3 days following your treatments. Alcohol can prevent your liver from working to remove fats as it will make alcohol metabolism its priority before fat removal and could hinder your results.
- Refrain from caffeine for 3-4 days prior to your treatment and for 48 hours after treatment.
- Avoid eating 2 hours prior and 1 hour after your treatment.
- Refrain from aspirin, ibuprofen or other anti-inflammatory products for 2 days prior and after your treatment.
- Use dry skin brushing daily to stimulate lymph movement (your therapist will show you how to do this).
- Do not have a hot shower (warm is alright), spa or sauna straight after treatment.
- Diet: Follow a low carb, low starch, low sugar diet for best results.
- Exercise: Do brisk exercise for at least 20 minutes after your treatment to stimulate lymph movement.
- Cancer (all forms)
- Undergoing chemotherapy or immune therapy
- High blood pressure (uncontrolled)
- Diabetes (uncontrolled)
- Keloid scarring
- Excessive pigmentation
- Vein inflammation
- Prednisone and other steroid medications (treatment will increase inflammation)
- Chemical peels and laser resurfacing
If you have any ABSOLUTE CONTRAINDICATIONS you cannot be treated.
- Recent surgery (wait 6 months)
- Recent scars (wait 6 months)
- Open lesions (avoid area)
- Skin diseases (avoid area)
- Infection (avoid area)
- Antibiotics (wait until course completed)
- Inflammation (avoid area)
- Varicose veins (avoid area)
- Prosthesis/silicone implants (avoid area)
- Metal implants/screws (avoid area)
- Metal contraceptive coil (avoid area)
- Depilatory creams (wait 2 weeks)
- Areas being treated with IPL or Laser (wait 2 weeks)
- Areas being treated with Botox® (wait 3 months) or dermal fillers (wait 2 weeks)
- Suntan (sun must be avoided the entire duration of the treatment regime)
- Chronic inflammation (depending on severity of chronic inflammatory conditions - consider that treatment will increase inflammation and anti-inflammatory medications reduce the effectiveness of the treatment - please discuss with your doctor first)
If you have any PARTIAL CONTRAINDICATIONS you may or may not be suitable for treatment. Your beauty therapist will advise the best course of action in a consultation.
*Disclaimer: Results will vary from person to person and are based on factors such as age, lifestyle habits and medical history.
RF Body Contouring is one of the latest additions to the treatment options available at Spalon Euphoria for the body. This safe, non-invasive, no downtime treatment is ideal for tightening loose or lax skin and aids cellulite reduction resulting in a better appearance of the ‘orange peel’ effect. And does it hurt? No! It feels like a hot stone massage.
All in all, RF is a great non-surgical method to help tighten skin and reduce cellulite. It has proven to be extremely effective time and time again. So, are ready to experience the benefits of Radio Frequency Body Contouring for yourself?
Call 802 276-5275 or email Molly@spaloneuphoria.com to request an appointment. This is only sold as a package, not as a single service.